touchpad (PS/2) mouse detection problem.

From: Vadim Garber ENEnet
Date: Thu Jun 10 2004 - 18:11:50 EST

Hello,

I've compiled the 2.6.6 kernel, and I can't seem to get my laptops touchpad to get detected.
The touchpad runs on the ps/2 protocol; so it seems like there would be no problems with
detection. But of course I'm not a very lucky person ;-). The touchpad itself does have an
on/off botton; and I've made sure to keep it ON. This is a strange problem because I don't
seem to have it in older kernels (2.4.x). Cat'ing /proc/bus/input/devices also doesn't turn up
any useful information; just returns my keyboard (which works; yepi!). I've compiled
psmouse both into the kernel and as a module; both don't work.

dmesg only shows "mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice" but no 'input:' line.

Regards,

Vadim Garber
vadim at enenet dot com