[2.6.6] evdev driver fails to recognise all keys on Apple iMac

From: Jens Schmalzing
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 03:12:05 EST

Hi,

I've come upon a strange problem using a stock first generation iMac
from Apple. The system is running a 2.6.6 kernel, and loads most of
the modules via hotplug. Unfortunately, some keys do not work, and
the log shows the following two entries:

drivers/usb/input/hid-input.c: event field not found
drivers/usb/input/hid-input.c: event field not found

I played with this a little, and it turns out that the problem goes
away if I either boot with the keyboard detached and plug it in when
the system is up and running, or build evdev into the kernel instead
of as a module. Both solutions are not acceptable, so I'd be grateful
for hints or fixes. If there is any information I can provide, please
let me know.

Regards, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!