Re: kernel/module compiler version problem

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 14:54:53 EST

Greg KH wrote:
On Fri, Jun 11, 2004 at 03:16:00PM -0400, Chris Friesen wrote:
> I'm running 2.4.22, build with gcc 3.3.1, modutils 2.4.22.
>
> I have an ATM driver that is shipped with a binary blob and a source code
> shim.

Go ask the people who provided you the binary blob, sorry but no one
here can help you with this issue.

Heh...how did I know that was coming...

I realize I can't reasonably ask here about problems if things blow up. I was actually more interested in exactly what the conflicts were between a binary chunk compiled with gcc2 linked with source compiled with gcc3 and loaded into a kernel compiled with gcc3.

I had hoped some of the modutils people might respond, since they obviously know of some issues.

Chris