Re: Insults in the kernel-sources

From: Rik van Riel
Date: Fri Jun 11 2004 - 21:50:25 EST

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004, Tobias Hirning wrote:

> have you ever tried a
> grep "insult" -i -r ./*
> in the sourcetree of the kernel?

Yeah, isn't it great ?

Hours and hours of fun, learning more about
crappy hardware than you ever wanted to know.

> So do and think about, because the you can find to much of
> insults in the sources.

Too much? Considering how amazingly bad some
stuff is (especially hardware bugs) I'm quite
surprised there aren't more of those amusing
profanities throughout the source code.

Maybe I should start hacking device drivers,
so I can legitimately add them ?

What do you think ?