Re: compile error with 2.6.7-rc3-mm1

From: Paul Jackson
Date: Sat Jun 12 2004 - 05:46:30 EST

> nono, that part is already fixed in my patch (from mm-1).

But the error you report:

drivers/perfctr/x86.c: In function `finalise_backpatching':
drivers/perfctr/x86.c:1137: error: parse error before '{' token

is _exactly_ the error you reported before, and it occurs on a line that
assigns CPU_MASK_NONE (via a #define of perfctr_cpus_forbidden_mask) to
a local variable, and this is exactly the error one gets when assigning
the broken version of CPU_MASK_NONE, which was missing the (cpumask_t)
cast, to a local variable.

Somehow, something you are reporting is incorrect. Or else I am more
mistaken than I am accustomed to being.

Please verify that the above error is indeed the one you are seeing,
and that doing the following command in this build tree:

grep -1 define.CPU_MASK_NONE include/linux/cpumask.h

produces the following output, including the (cpumask_t) cast:

#define CPU_MASK_NONE \
((cpumask_t){ { \

--
I won't rest till it's the best ...