insmod of ov511 failes

From: John Que
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 05:46:26 EST

Hello,

I have tried to perform build modules from the kernel tree ;
Now , when I try to insmod the module (it's a video driver,ov511.o), I get
many unresolved symbol errors like the follwing error of

unresolved symbol video_register_device_Re376151777

I have a backup old version of the module binary (ov511.o); when I
insert it I do succeed.
I tried
cat /proc/ksyms |grep video_register_device

de975b90 video_register_device_R31b9699b [videodev]

I also tried
nm -a ov511.o and I got:
U video_register_device_R31b9699b

but the same nm operation on the new one gives a different result:
nm -a ov511.o and I got:
U video_register_device_Re3761517

from where are the differences ? what is the meaning of the
differences in the "R" (relocation) extension?

I assume that if I will build the bzImage and install it I will succeed to
insmod the new module;

But I am curious - does this problem have a workaround?

Could this problem be cause because I also installed 2.6.0 kernel on the same machine?
regards,
John