RE: Panics need better handling

From: Cress, Andrew R
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 09:29:25 EST

For Intel servers, there is some help in 2.4. It is now included within
the OpenIPMI driver.
It saves the panic info into a firmware log.
See http://sourceforge.net/projects/openipmi/ and http://panicsel.sf.net
(more info, plus a 'showsel' utility to view the firmware log).

The parameter to save this isn't turned on by default in OpenIPMI, but
it is there in 2.4 kernels (CONFIG_IPMI_PANIC_EVENT).

Andy Cress