Re: Insults in the kernel-sources

From: Patrick Finnegan
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 14:45:49 EST

On Monday 14 June 2004 08:46, Tobias Hirning wrote:
> Hi!
>
> > Insult??? Do you mean "bad words???" Who defines what words are
> > "good" or what words are "bad"?
>
> I mean something like this "the pcmcia-peoble are idiots".
> I think it's not good, that in the kernelsources are things like
> this, because Linux only develops itself because there are many
> people who mus work together and so they must be a little be polite.

Then you must not have read this mailing list for very long...

Being polite has this nasty tendancy of not helping get things done,
when compared with saying what you *really* think.

Pat
--
Purdue University ITAP/RCS --- http://www.itap.purdue.edu/rcs/
The Computer Refuge --- http://computer-refuge.org