How to turn off IPV6 (link local)

From: Bernd Eckenfels
Date: Mon Jun 14 2004 - 18:33:25 EST

While solving the debian bug #253590 against net-tools, I discovered, that
it is not possible to turn off the link local ipv6 addresses.

net.ipv6.conf.default.autoconf does work for the received prefixes, but does
not avoid the link local configuration. (this is btw a documentation error)

I would not mind the link local address much, if there wont be some
applications (like mozilla) trying to actually use that address to reach
internet site.

So my question is, how can one prevent linux kernel with build in ipv6 from
adding the link local prefix, and are the prerequisites of an ipv6 enabled
application to not prefer link local prefix to ipv4?

Greetings
Bernd

PS:

autoconf - BOOLEAN
Configure link-local addresses using L2 hardware addresses.
Default: TRUE
--
eckes privat - http://www.eckes.org/
Project Freefire - http://www.freefire.org/