Re: NUMA API observations

From: Bill Davidsen
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 08:53:58 EST

Andi Kleen wrote:
On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 02:21:28PM -0700, Paul Jackson wrote:

Andi wrote:

How should a user space application sanely discover the cpumask_t
size needed by the kernel? Whoever designed that was on crack.

I will probably make it loop and double the buffer until EINVAL
ends or it passes a page and add a nasty comment.

I agree that a loop is needed. And yes someone didn't do a very
good job of designing this interface.

I add some code to go upto a page now.

This adds a hardcoded limit of 32768 CPUs to libnuma. That's not nice, but we have to stop somewhere in case the EINVAL is returned
for other reason

Should be enough for desktop machines...

--
-bill davidsen (davidsen@xxxxxxx)