Re: 45 minute boot time with 2.6.4/2.6.6-mm5 kernel on 1.7GHz laptop

From: Marco Roeland
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 09:30:19 EST

On Tuesday June 15th 2004 Matthew Denner wrote:

> [extremely slowly functioning laptop]
>
> Output from 'cat /proc/interrupts':
> CPU0
> 20: 270154 IO-APIC-level eth0

This seems perhaps quite high? On occasion I have to use a configuration
where the network interface is configured by DHCP. When I take the
interface down (ifdown eth0) but forget to assign it its usual network
address (when changing location to another network) some interaction
with the still running DHCP client (pump) makes my laptop crawl just like
you describe. So if all other suggested options fail, you might want to
check if you maybe have such a runaway DHCP client causing havoc.
--
Marco Roeland