cdrom ripping / dropping to dingle frame dma

From: Nigel Rantor
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 15:20:55 EST

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a completely redundant post but I have not been subscribed recently and missed the thread on this.

I have had cdparanoia ripping blank sound off of my cdrom, looking in the syslog gives the following just before stuff goes weird.

kernel: cdrom: dropping to single frame dma

Whilst trying to find others with the same problem I have seen an archived LKML thread where Jens Axboe provided a patch against 2.6.4-rc1

I am currently running 2.6.5 and am wondering if this patch made it in or not, and if not, where I can grab it from.

Alternatively, if this patch should be in 2.6.5 then I have a machine that still fails with it, if so I'll be happy to post system specs etc and try to find a test CD that exhibits the problem for testing.

Cheers,