Re: processes hung in D (raid5/dm/ext3)

From: foo
Date: Tue Jun 15 2004 - 23:43:20 EST

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 09:25:16PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> So what do we conclude from this? It booted OK, but the serial console
> broke, and perhaps the serial driver broke, and perhaps the tg3 driver
> broke?

Something like that... The serial console was certainly broken. I'm
not so sure about the ethernet. If you see my other messages about the
serial console, the boot process always hangs right after the ethernet
comes up, and I have to hold down a key on the serial console for a few
seconds to get it going again. Maybe coincidence, maybe not. Also it
could be the bonding driver rather than tg3. Let me reboot the mainline
kernel again and I'll see if I get the same packet loss if I leave it
hung for a while.

-ryan