Re: Programtically tell diff between HT and real

From: Richard B. Johnson
Date: Wed Jun 16 2004 - 15:52:59 EST

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Robert Love wrote:

> On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 13:56 -0400, Robert Love wrote:
>
> > Yah. Look at /proc/cpuinfo.
> >
> > Virtual processors have different 'processor' values but the same
> > 'physical id', while physical processors obviously have different values
> > for both.
>
> Oh, and if you just want to see if a processor supports HT - the 'ht'
> flag is set in 'flags' in /proc/cpuinfo.
>
> Robert Love

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz
stepping : 7
cpu MHz : 2793.087
cache size : 512 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe cid
^_______
bogomips : 5570.56

I would love to know how you turn in on! This is one of those
"latest-and-greatest" Intel D865PERL mother-boards and I've
even flashed the BIOS with the "latest-and-greatest".

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.26 on an i686 machine (5570.56 BogoMips).