Re: make checkstack on m68k

From: Andreas Schwab
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 10:35:27 EST

Finn Thain <ft01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2004, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>
>> Geert Uytterhoeven <geert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>
>> > I tried to add m68k support to `make checkstack', but got stuck due to my
>> > limited knowledge of complex perl expressions. I actually need to catch both
>> > expressions (incl. the one I commented out). Anyone who can help?
>>
>> Untested:
>>
>> $re = qr/.*(?:linkw %fp,|addw )#-([0-9]{1,4})(?:,%sp)?$/o;
>>
>> Andreas.
>
> I think that should be addaw, not addw.

Right, typo.

> And it may be necessary to remove the $ anchor at the end.

That won't work, because we must be sure to require ",%sp" when addaw is
matched since we don't want to match, say, "addaw #-1024,%a0". We know
that this is the whole line to be matched.

> Your solution makes very nice use of the fact that objdump produces
> exactly one comma for those opcodes :)

We know exactly the format of the output produced by objdump. So even
though the regex is able to match some random junk we know that objdump
would never produce that.

Andreas.

--
Andreas Schwab, SuSE Labs, schwab@xxxxxxx
SuSE Linux AG, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany