Re: Irix NFS servers, again :-)

From: Steve Lord
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 12:57:31 EST

Peter Wainwright wrote:
On Thu, 2004-06-17 at 14:44, Christoph Hellwig wrote:

IIRC this was fixed on the IRIX side a while ago. What IRIX version
do you run?

Not very old, it's 6.5.21. And I do have -32bitclients
in my /etc/exports.

BTW, I just found an old patch I made for glibc 2.2 to
fix this (or a similar) problem. Maybe that's a better
place for a fix

Part of the fix for these issues with Irix NFS was version 2
directories in XFS, this made directory offsets in XFS into
real offsets rather than 64 bit hash values.

If your filesystem is old enough, it will have version 1
directories - and the only conversion process is to do
a dump/mkfs/restore.

xfs_growfs -n /mntpnt will report the directory version
as naming=1 or naming=2 if I recall correctly.

Steve