Re: Stop the Linux kernel madness

From: 4Front Technologies
Date: Thu Jun 17 2004 - 20:43:36 EST

Nick Piggin wrote:
4Front Technologies wrote:

It's time everybody started to pay some attention to in-kernel interfaces because
Linux has graduated out of your personal sandbox to where other people want to use
Linux and they aren't kernel developers.

No, it is still our personal sandbox actually, and it is you
who must pay attention to in-kernel interfaces.

The problem is that we ARE paying attention to in-kernel interfaces or else
why would our software work on Linux 2.6.7 or Fedora or Mandrake?

Or were you hoping that we're all here just to make your life
easier?

I don't expect you to make my life easier. Why don't we all take
a huge plunge backwards to circa 1958 and start programming by throwing
switches?. Are you against making linux better or what?

best regards

Dev Mazumdar