Re: Iptables-1.2.9/10 compile failure with linux 2.6.7 headers

From: David Ford
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 11:19:25 EST

Iptables should be using linux-libc-headers headers instead of kernel headers.

Remove -I$(KERNEL_DIR)/include from your makefile, see this patch here: http://ep09.pld-linux.org/~mmazur/linux-libc-headers/patches/iptables.patch <http://ep09.pld-linux.org/%7Emmazur/linux-libc-headers/patches/iptables.patch>

David

Andrew Walrond wrote:

The addition of a
__user
attribute to a line in
linux-2.6.7/include/linux/netfilter_ipv4/ip_tables.h
causes iptables build to fail unless I export
CC="gcc -D__user= "

Presumably ip_tables.h should include a header defining __user, or iptables should include the relevant header before ip_tables.h ?

Sorry if this has already been reported; Archive search found nothing on either ML.

Andrew Walrond

begin:vcard
fn:David Ford
n:Ford;David