Re: Iptables-1.2.9/10 compile failure with linux 2.6.7 headers

From: David Ford
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 11:43:29 EST

The current linux libc headers package is much more frequently updated and closely matches released kernels. LLH is a sanitized linux headers package and is currently based on 2.6.6 headers.

Yes you can build iptables on 2.6.6 for a 2.6.7 kernel. I have built iptables once or twice a year and built kernels once or twice a week. Iptables continues to work fine.

David

Andrew Walrond wrote:

Hi David,