Re: Stop the Linux kernel madness

From: Jan-Benedict Glaw
Date: Fri Jun 18 2004 - 16:47:41 EST

On Fri, 2004-06-18 23:13:53 +0200, Jens Axboe <axboe@xxxxxxx>
wrote in message <20040618211352.GC7404@xxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, Jun 18 2004, Jan-Benedict Glaw wrote:

> > Hope the CE Forum will show some engagement there. Or OSDL. Or IBM.
> > Or ... But usually, that's hot air. No direct income :--<
>
> Come on people, not everything is counted in dollars or euros. Lots of
> people enjoy doing auxiliary work in their spare time and get loads
> done. If it doesn't work for you, then maybe you are not the right for
> the job or maybe you are doing something wrong.

Well, sometimes I actually do some nice work to put on the table, but
keeping an eye on a good number of vendor trees is IMHO *far* beyond
what you'd actually do at some late evening at the weekends. That's way
more than a good full-time job. At least, I think so.

MfG, JBG

--
Jan-Benedict Glaw jbglaw@xxxxxxxxxx . +49-172-7608481
"Eine Freie Meinung in einem Freien Kopf | Gegen Zensur | Gegen Krieg