Re: linux-2.6.7-bk2 runs faster than linux-2.6.7 ;)

From: Dominik Karall
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 17:50:00 EST

On Saturday 19 June 2004 23:07, Florin Iucha wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have updated my kernel to 2.6.7-bk2 this morning and it felt faster
> than 2.6.7! It feels faster in firefox and it is noticeably faster in
> gnome-terminal. Goodness!
>
> But, there is downside as well: the clock runs faster. 125-150% faster ;(
> It is weird since the time server does not correct it.
>
> Can I get the speed with a correct clock? Please?
>
> florin

Yes, same here! I had to decrease the speed of the keyboard in KDE config,
because I couldn't type a character without that the character was printed
hundred times.
The jumping icon on startup of several KDE apps, is now jumping much faster
too and apps are started much faster!
I'm working on a Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU.

greets dominik