Re: linux-2.6.7-bk2 runs faster than linux-2.6.7 ;)

From: Tim Connors
Date: Sat Jun 19 2004 - 23:18:07 EST

"Hemmann, Volker Armin" <volker.hemmann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said on Sun, 20 Jun 2004 04:31:44 +0200:
> Hi,
>
> I have the same problem.
>
> Everything seems to be double speed. The keys, the little moving icon in th=
> e=20
> top right off the konqueror window and the cursor is blinking like mad.=20
> glxgears fps are halved, like the fps in unreal tournament 2004 demo.
>
> There everything was incredidbly fast, but fps halved.

You realise that FPS has the "per second" part as measured by the
computer, right? And what will happen if the computer thinks a second
takes less time?

Of course FPS will go down, but the real Frames per Human-Second
probably hasn't changed at all.

If I'd known computer science was going to be like this, I'd never have
given up being a rock 'n' roll star. -- G. Hirst