returning text from a system call

From: so usp
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 15:28:54 EST

Hi,

I'm implementing a system call, and I want to return
information (text data) to the user without using the
/var/log/messages (using the printk function). I've
been thinking about writing in a file, but I really
don't know how to manipulate files in kernel mode. The
text could be returned to the command line as well,
but I either don't know how to do that. Does anybody
could help me how to return text (both ways would be
good) from a system call?

Thanks, and sorry for the English.
so_usp