Via C3-2 stepping 6.9.5 + VT8235 ide/dma/network hang

From: Jason Mancini
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 17:33:31 EST

Hi, I'm using Mandrake cooker kernel 2.6.7-0rc3.1 on a Via Epia/Eden M10000N
Nehemiah board with 512MB ram and a udma5-capable harddrive. Looks like the
active drivers are vt82cxxx 3.38 and via-rhine.

1) heavy disk activity: works great for hours (hdparm -m16 -c1 -u1 -d1 -X66)
2) heavy disk activity + network load: hangs and resets, or hangs hard, generally within minutes.

Syslog shows dma timeouts, then interrupts lost (machine is dead at that point).

Was this ever resolved for other people who were having dma problems with the vt8235
southbridge chipset? I can patch/hack/compile/test if someone wants me to try things.

Many Thanks!
Jason Mancini