Re: RSA

From: kartikey bhatt
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 23:15:58 EST

hey i am gonna look at the code right now.
will keep in touch.

"Tom has indicated a few ways to go about this which I will send you."
waiting for details.

Joy Latten <latten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote
Great!!

Our current goal is to just add RSA encryption and decryption
to the kernel. We are interested in porting the bignum/mpi and
rsa implementations from libtomcrypt, http://www.libtomcrypt.org.
When I say we, I am referring to myself and my coworker, Serge Hallyn.
You have probably seen a few notes between Serge and Tom, libtomcrypt's
author, on lkml about RSA.

Tom has indicated that the mpi will perhaps need some work in
lower stack usage (mp_extpmod uses a bit), lower heap usage
where possible, and remove any non-supported opcodes (e.g. integer division).

Tom has indicated a few ways to go about this which I will send you.

Let me know when you get to take a look at the code.
If you have any questions, please let me know. Thanks!!

Joy