Re: 2.6.7-mm1

From: Sam Ravnborg
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 00:26:58 EST

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 04:04:20AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 05:46:32PM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> > +wanxl-firmware-build-fix.patch
> >
> > Fix allmodconfig build
>
> This option is in drivers/base/Kconfig, but the similar option
> STANDALONE [1] is in init/Kconfig.
>
> Shouldn't buoth be at the same place?
> What about moving STANDALONE ad let it depend on PREVENT_FIRMWARE_BUILD?

STANDALONE avoids any drivers not using external firmware.
PREVENT_FIRMWARE_BUILD just prevents the supplied firmware to be build.
So no I do not see they should be dependent.

But for sure they should be located in the same place.
This is drivers only information and not related to the actual
maturity of the code - so moving STANDALONE to drivers/base
makes sense to me.
Adrian - care to submit a patch?

Sam