Re: Question on using MSI in PCI driver

From: Roland Dreier
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 13:53:18 EST

Tom> What do you think of "Failure to request the MMIO address
Tom> space of the MSI-X PBA"? Or what name do you suggest?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the code, nothing is failing, and it's not
the PBA being mapped. You're ioremapping the the MSI-X vector table
so that the msi core can write vector values, etc. So I would suggest
using a name of "MSI-X vector table" in the call to
request_mem_region. (Remember that this name will be displayed in
/proc/iomem, and I don't think it makes sense to display "MSI-X iomap
Failure" to the user when MSI-X is set up and working).

- Roland