Re: [ANNOUNCE] sch_ooo - Out-of-order packet queue discipline

From: Kalin KOZHUHAROV
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 14:22:47 EST

Catalin BOIE wrote:
Hello!

I like to announce sch_ooo, a new queue discipline that, attached to a
class (or a device, as root) reorder the packets that pass by delaying some.

Example:
tc qdisc add dev eth0 root ooo limit 100 gap 4 wait 1100

This queue will create a pfifo with limit 100 and will delay
every 4th packet with 1100ms.
An stream of 6 packets like this: 1 2 3 4 5 6, generated by
ping will be reordered like this: 1 2 3 5 4 6.

[snip]

+config NET_SCH_OOO
+ tristate "Out-of-order qdisc discipline"
+ depends on NET_SCHED
+ help
+ Say Y if you want to simulate out-of-order packets by delaying
+ some of them. This qdisc is useful if you develop
+ protocols or network monitoring applications.

I risk on me:=dumb, but can you give at least one practical application for sch_ooo?
I suppose you have something on your mind...

Kalin.