Re: 2.6.7-mm1 PCNet Problems under VMWare 4.5.2

From: Esteve Espuña Sargatal
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 05:10:42 EST

Aren't bits 31-16 of CSR0 reserved on PCnet-II (79c970A) ?

>From 79c970A Datasheet page 108:

CSR0:
[SNIP] The register is designed so that these indicator bits are cleared
by writing ONESs to those bit locations. This means that the software
can read CSR0 and write back the value just read to clear the interrupt
condition. [SNIP]

bits 31-16 Rserved. Written as ZEROs and read as undefined.
[SNIP]
bit 6 is IENA Interrupt Enable.

Thanks.