Re: Stop the Linux kernel madness

From: Lars Marowsky-Bree
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 13:51:15 EST

On 2004-06-23T20:26:13,
Vojtech Pavlik <vojtech@xxxxxxx> said:

> > vmnet module actually provides tun-like character device, but with several
> > differences:
> > * You can connect any number of userspace processes to it.
> > * You can connect kernel end to nothing (complete guest-host separation), or
>
> These can be done purely in userspace - a daemon can exchange the data
> between the processes (VMs).

... as UML already does it, anyway. I'm pretty sure the various methods
UML uses are quite applicable to VM too.

Sincerely,
Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
High Availability & Clustering \ ever tried. ever failed. no matter.
SUSE Labs, Research and Development | try again. fail again. fail better.