Re: problems with alloc_disk in genhd.c

From: mikem
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 17:08:13 EST

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 10:24:59PM +0100, viro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 04:18:29PM -0500, mikem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > In the ioctl we are doing
> >
> > /* count partitions 1 to 15 with sizes > 0 */
> > for(i=0; i <MAX_PART; i++) {
>
> ... followed by what?
Here's the actual code, I typoed this first time.
/* count partitions 1 to 15 with sizes > 0 */
for(i=1; i <MAX_PART; i++) {
if (!disk->part[i])
continue;
if (disk->part[i]->nr_sects != 0)
luninfo.num_parts++;
We're trying to figure how many partitions are physically on the disk. We do
this for one of our utilities. Is there a kernel API that will return this
data for us?

mikem