Re: [ANNOUNCE] linux-libc-headers 2.6.7.0

From: Chris Friesen
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 17:56:38 EST

Mariusz Mazur wrote:

Llh is all good and nice, cause it works (most of the times anyway), but with
every new release the possibility of desync from kernel increases - downfalls
of maintaining it as a separate package. Could anybody point me to some
conclusions about how the thing should be done The Right Way (preferably with
some input from high profile kernel hackers, so I can have some assurance
that once something gets done it will get merged)?

Not a high profile hacker, but you might try submitting a patch adding an include/user_abi directory (or whatever it should be called) and putting one of your files there, with patches to the original kernel header file to remove the userspace bits and include the new file. That would maybe kick off some discussion.

Chris