Re: RSA [patch #1]

From: Kyle Moffett
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 18:52:32 EST

On Jun 22, 2004, at 14:08, James Morris wrote:
Different kernel asymmetric crypto apps (e.g. module signature checker)
will need to be able to manage independent keyrings, and a common
filesystem API would be useful for this. e.g. during startup, some init
script loads keyrings into the kernel via /proc/crypto/keyring/app/addkey

This is actually somewhat along the line that David Howells and I have
been working on; getting a key-ring system into the kernel. We can
probably have a patch implementing the API we're working on in alpha
sometime in a couple weeks. This isn't really something that's useful to
the cryptoapi itself, but it could be used to debug new cryptoapi
functions. In addition, cryptoapi will be very useful to the key-ring
system, if one is ever made.

Cheers,
Kyle Moffett