SATA_SIL fails with 2.6.7-bk6 seagate drive

From: George Georgalis
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 11:01:18 EST

On Wed, Jun 23, 2004 at 08:59:06PM -0400, Ricky Beam wrote:
>On Wed, 23 Jun 2004, George Georgalis wrote:
>>I changed "hdc" entries to "sda" in fstab and grub, but on reboot
>>my root, sda1, could not be found. Might it be another device?
>>Or something else? config attached.
>
># CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD is not set
>
>I'm gonna go ahead and say what I'm thinking *grin*... well, duh. There's
>no support for any SCSI DISKS. libata is a scsi driver which makes your
>sata drives appear as scsi drives.
>
>Turn that on, recompile, and reboot.

Whoops! Well that got me able to mount it. Thanks!

dd if=/dev/zero of=/mnt/zero-`date +%s`

has caused pdflush to block IO, any access to /mnt and the process
does not return. other than the pdflush load of ~99% the box seems to
function normally. 2.6.7-bk6, seagate drive

I enabled some video options which seem to have blanked my display,
wrong driver, bug or overscanning text console (?), not sure; but I'll
follow up with more detailed sata report when I get video okay (at least
24 hrs).

// George

--
George Georgalis, Architect and administrator, Linux services. IXOYE
http://galis.org/george/ cell:646-331-2027 mailto:george@xxxxxxxxx