TCP-RST Vulnerability - Doubt

From: saiprathap
Date: Fri Jun 25 2004 - 16:27:30 EST

Hi,

I am a graduate research student majoring in the field of
Computer Networking.As part of my research I have sorted out what FreeBSD has
done to overcome the TCP-RST vulnerability (by modifying the stack to accept
the RST packets only with the current + 1 sequence number and ignoring the
rest, even if their sequence numbers fall within the receiving window).

Could you kindly share your views regarding what Linux has done to its stack
to overcome this vulnerability as it will be of great help to my research.

Thanks,
Sai Prathap