Re: alienware hardware - memory problem?

From: Helge Hafting
Date: Sat Jun 26 2004 - 07:07:10 EST

On Fri, Jun 25, 2004 at 12:20:16PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> He hey - you're the boss!!!!
> It helped - 'mem=512M' made the beast fast :-)
>
> Now we just will mangle with /proc/mtrr :-)
>
> THANX AGAIN!

Glad to be of help. I hope the /proc/mtrr stuff works out, it is
nice to use _all_ the memory?. How much is it?

Don't forget the complaint to the vendor. The only way to get
permanently rid of this sort of problem is when the vendors get
enough reactions to sloppy bioses. Don't be silent just because
you found a solution, you shouldn't really have to in this case.

Also check if there is a newer BIOS around. :-)

Helge Hafting