Re: inconsistency between SIOCGIFCONF and SIOCGIFNAME

From: Ulrich Drepper
Date: Tue Jun 29 2004 - 11:26:47 EST

David S. Miller wrote:

> Anyways, I guess we could do your suggestion. SIOCGIFCONF
> is actually implemented using per-protocol handlers. So, for
> example there is an ipv4 handler, an ipv6 one, etc. We'd need
> to make the change for all of them.

I might not look for the right thing, but there are only two places
where register_gifconf is used: in net/ipv4/devinet.c and
net/decnet/dn_dev.c. There is no support for IPv6-only interfaces and
interfaces for other protocols. So in addition to your change only the
DECnet stuff needs changing.

> I enclose a potential implementation for the ipv4 instance.
> Please at least make sure it does what you want.

I'll try the patch asap. Thanks,

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â