Re: list digest / non-digest delivery problems?

From: Matt Domsch
Date: Wed Jun 30 2004 - 13:48:55 EST

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 11:22:26AM -0700, Tim Moore wrote:
> Hi;
>
> After LK switched to digest-only some time back

meaning you're subscribed to linux-kernel-digest or
linux-kernel-daily-digest at lists.us.dell.com, so this clearly isn't
an issue with vger.kernel.org, right?

> I wrote an awk digest expander since I manage the list volume by
> filtering on key words in the subject field. Recently some messages
> with headers indicating a digest are actually coming through as
> individuals which really tarts things up.

Hmmm. Nothing has changed on lists.us.dell.com regarding these lists in
quite a while. Can you provide an example message that you believe is
incorrect?

The linux-kernel-digest list sends one digest every 100KB, which I
think is also near the vger single message size limit. Any chance
what came through was a single message, yet still wrapped in a digest?

> While the digest expander is my problem, keying on reliable email headers
> it is significantly easier than coding logic to tell if the message is a
> real digest or an individual message.

They'll have the normal mailman list headers on every message, can't
you use those?

> It would be very helpful to let the group know if there is a problem
> with digests and if the headers will accurately reflect the message
> content.

This is the first I've heard of any problems with the digester in a
long time. Please provide an example message as requested above, and
I'll look into it.

Thanks,
Matt

--