Re: Real time

From: michael trimarchi
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 08:41:21 EST

Richard B. Johnson wrote:

On Thu, 1 Jul 2004, michael trimarchi wrote:

Hi,
I'm working on porting modular real time scheduler on linux layer ...
I'm using only kernel thread... Actually I dont't call the
kernel_thread(init, .... and I inizialize my scheduler and OS struct...
I schedule my kernel thread... I'm trying to use the printk in the
kernel_thread but sometimes I dont't having result on the console. The
console does't print my debug on screen... Is there an unburred printk?

Best regards
Michael Trimarchi

You probably need to set up your kernel thread correctly. You should
use:
kernel_thread(your_thread, NULL, CLONE_FS|CLONE_FILES);

your_thread(void *whatever)
{
exit_files(current);
daemonize();
/.../ fix up signals, etc.
}

Without CLONE_FILES, the file-descriptors and handles ultimately
used for printk() may not work.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.4.26 on an i686 machine (5570.56 BogoMips).

I use CLONE_KERNEL but in my body I dont't call exit_files and
demonize... I change the linux scheduler width my scheduler and I use
only the switch_to for context_switch from a task to another... I have
a task descriptor with a pointer to the task_t * ... At this time I have
a linux task_t struct and my personal task struct...

Best regards
Michael