Re: netconsole hangs w/ alt-sysrq-t

From: Jeff Moyer
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 12:03:10 EST

==> Regarding Re: netconsole hangs w/ alt-sysrq-t; Matt Mackall <mpm@xxxxxxxxxxx> adds:

mpm> On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 12:58:22PM -0400, Jeff Moyer wrote:
>> ==> Regarding Re: netconsole hangs w/ alt-sysrq-t; Matt Mackall
>> <mpm@xxxxxxxxxxx> adds:
mpm> No, I think we get to this on the non-NAPI route as well. The ->poll
mpm> check keeps us from filtering twice.
>> I'll have to take your word for it on this one, as I can't find a way
>> into this code for the non-napi case. Would anyone care to give an
>> authoritative answer on this?

mpm> I could be mistaken, but that's my recollection from last summer.
mpm> Hopefully I'll have some spare cycles for this next week.

>> One other thing we might consider is adding a call to
>> touch_nmi_watchdog() to zap_completion_queue.

mpm> Not sure how I feel about that yet. If we can't get out of the guts of
mpm> netpoll in a timely fashion, then perhaps that's an indication that
mpm> the watchdog should indeed fire. Describe the scenario where you think
mpm> we should do this, please.

Alt-Sysrq-t from the keyboard on a heavily-loaded UP system.

-Jeff