Re: framebuffer + fbtv + X kills system

From: Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe
Date: Thu Jul 01 2004 - 13:42:14 EST

Mario 'BitKoenig' Holbe <Mario.Holbe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm further running a XFree86 X-Server (with `Driver "tdfx"',
> `Option "UseFBDev" "true"', `DefaultDepth 24' and `Modes

Hm, replying to myself :)
I finally discovered, that using XFree with Driver !fbdev and
Option UseFBDev true doesn't really mean that the framebuffer
has total display control.
So it could be, that this is it what finally confuses the
framebuffer.

Sorry for the inconvenience (and the long mail around it :)).

regards,
Mario
--
User sind wie ideale Gase - sie verteilen sich gleichmaessig ueber alle Platten