Re: [uml-devel] Uploaded Uml patchset for 2.6.7(was: Re: Inclusion of UML in 2.6.8)

From: BlaisorBlade
Date: Sat Jul 03 2004 - 13:12:58 EST

Alle 21:29, martedì 29 giugno 2004, BlaisorBlade ha scritto:
> Alle 05:53, domenica 27 giugno 2004, Jeff Dike ha scritto:
> > On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 07:10:48PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > > Please send split patches. E.g. linux/ghash.h should not ne
> > > reintroduced, it's completely fuly.
>
> Anyway, I'm going to upload the whole patchset (as it is now); I just
> tarred my ./patch-scripts folder, containing descriptions, .pc files and
> actual patches. The updates from Jeff Dike are not very split, but
> everything I've added is in his own separate patch. Little changes anyway.
>
> I've problems with patch-bomb, so for now here is it:
>
> http://www.user-mode-linux.org/~blaisorblade/patches/bb/uml-patch-2.6.7-01-
>bb2.tar.bz2

I forgot 2 things: first - it's against 2.6.7 vanillla. Second - there are
some not-working patches, but the "series" file does not refer to them.

So,

tar xjf linux-2.6.7.tar.bz2
cd linux-2.6.7
tar xjf uml-patch-2.6.7-01-bb2.tar.bz2
pushpatch 30 (having patch-scripts installed)

is the simplest way to apply it. Without patch-scripts, for each line in
patch-scripts/series (do grep -v '^#' first to remove comments) apply the
patch from patch-scripts/patches.

Also, Andrew, why has it not been included in 2.6.7-mm5?
--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Linux registered user n. 292729