Re: Init single and Serial console : How to ?

From: Paul Rolland
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 05:34:13 EST

Hello,

> this is only about terminal settings like flags and line
> speed, it is not
> related to presenting the login on the serial console. It is
> a good idea to
> remove this file and set the baud rate on the boot command line.
OK.

> You must configure /sbin/sulogin which is called from init to run on
> /dev/console, then you will be fine. Also you should start a getty on
OK, but remember that my problem is to find a way to access the machine
when I only have a serial console and it doesn't complete the "classical"
boot process because some init script at runlevel 3 is blocking...

This means that I can't go up to the "configure /sbin/sulogin", and need
a way to be given a serial prompt only by giving parameter at the LILO
prompt, considering that the kernel has already been configured for serial
console.

> /dev/ttySx for multi user modes (see the serial console howto)
This is already done.

Regards,
Paul