Re: i810_audio MMIO patch

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Sun Jul 04 2004 - 10:52:44 EST

John Linville wrote:
Attached is a second patch to account for (most of) Herbert Xu's
comments.

I have left-out the part about changing state->card to a
local variable where it is used a lot. Unfortunately, that usage is
somewhat pervasive and I would prefer to make those changes in a separate
patch -- after I have had a chance to do some testing.

If you'd prefer one patch to account for the original plus these
changes, let me know and I'll be happy to provide it.

I forwarded this and the main patch to Andrew, for some testing -mm. Then push it upstream.

The main thing you did not address of Herbert's comments was the macro naming, AFAICS. I don't have a big preference. If asked, my style preference for this driver would be

ICH_R8
ICH_R16
ICH_R32
ICH_W8
ICH_W16
ICH_W32

Short, and bit-size-explicit.

I've always been annoyed that the API function 'readl' represented 32 bits :)

Jeff