RE: Weird: 30 sec delay during early boot

From: David Balazic
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 06:33:04 EST

Yes, but GRUB also uses BIOS to access the hard drive(s).
And it can get a list of drives and read them just fine, without any delays.
Either there is a bug in the linux code or it somehow triggers some weird
BIOS bug.

Maybe a newer BIOS call should be used in linux EDD code ( I believe GRUB
uses
a different call for reading sectors than EDD )

Regards,
David