Re: HELP: Cannot get ALSA working on via82xx

From: Marcel Sebek
Date: Mon Jul 05 2004 - 14:55:19 EST

On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 12:06:26AM -0400, Timothy Miller wrote:
> Right now, the state is that regular digital audio works, but MIDI refuses
> to work, and some other audio channel is on which produces random clicks
> and other such noise.

I wasn't able to get MIDI working too, I guess that these onboard sound
cards doesn't have support for it (but I really don't know).

The random noise could be caused by wrong mixer setting. Try save mixer
settings when you are using OSS, and restore them while running ALSA
(you can use oss-preserve for it).

--
Marcel Sebek
jabber: sebek@xxxxxxxxx ICQ: 279852819