Re: 2.6.7-mm6

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 08:45:09 EST

William Lee Irwin III wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 05, 2004 at 02:31:20AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
> >
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/akpm/patches/2.6/2.6.7/2.6.7-
> mm6/
> > - Added the DVD-RW/CD-RW packet writing patches. These need more work.
> > - The USB update seems deadlocky. I fixed one bug but it still causes
> my
> > ia64 test box to lock up on boot. If it goes bad, please revert
> > usb-locking-fix.patch and then revert bk-usb.patch. Retest and send a
> report
> > to linux-kernel and linux-usb-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Uneventful on alpha, needed a make rpm compilefix Andi's got queued for
> the next merge on x86-64 and otherwise uneventful there.
>
> OTOH, various things made sparc64 a living Hell that took about 9
> hours of solid compile/boot/crash drudgery to carry out bisection
> search on to find the offending patches.
>
> First, I had to back out bk-input because it has a sysfsification patch
> that deadlocks sunzilog.c at boot.

Do you know where exactly it was deadlocked? As fas as sunzilog goes
the only change was that instead of embedding serio structure inside
uart_sunzilog_port it is now accessed through a pointer. The rest of
the changes are in serio core and should not depend on type of serio
port involved, locking rules have not been changed either...

Any additional info will be appreciated...

--
Dmitry