Re: quite big breakthrough in the BAD network performance, which mm6 did not fix

From: qubes
Date: Tue Jul 06 2004 - 23:50:03 EST

On 06-Jul 06:12, Matt Heler wrote:
> Not to sound mean about this. But either you prove your claim with benchmarks
> in a controlled enviroment ( that means in a private network ), or you stop
> trolling and complaining. The linux kernel is a free piece of software, if
> you don't like one version of it, then feel free to use some earlier version.
> Otherwise please stop.
>
> Matt H.

I've got basicly the same problem (only worse). 2.6.7(,mm5) get
~10 bytes/sec from seattletimes.com and 25 Kbytes/sec when I "echo
0 > tcp_default_win_scale; \ echo 0 > tcp_moderate_rcvbuf;". This may be
open-source where you ask users to test, but asking users to setup
non-trivial HARDWARE and NETWORKS seems to be asking a bit much. YMMV,
etc.

I'll get intrested if it doesn't fix its self by rc time.

Thomas (who could test on a "private network", but is a lazy bastard.)