Re: [0/9] Lustre VFS patches for 2.6

From: Oleg Drokin
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 10:15:29 EST

Hello!

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 01:56:36PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> > patches from other parties (e.g. Trond Myklebust was interested in some
> > intent changes as I remember) and we are ready to work with those so that
> > the patches will suit their needs as well.
> So do you have plans to submit lustre for inclusion soon? Else merging is

Well, the problems with that is that lustre still evolves pretty quickly,
but once it is in kernel, it is sort of set in stone, no more easy changes
to the wire protocol, no more big internal changes (fast)...

> completely pointless as it'll fall victim to dead code removal real soon.

Well, there is not all that much "dead" code introduced (I hope). Esp. if some
of the new intent code will be used by NFS, for example.
And it is not all that dead too, there would be at least one off-tree user ;)

Bye,
Oleg