Re: [ANNOUNCE] Minneapolis Cluster Summit, July 29-30

From: Steven Dake
Date: Wed Jul 07 2004 - 17:57:58 EST

On Mon, 2004-07-05 at 13:29, Daniel Phillips wrote:
> On Monday 05 July 2004 15:08, Chris Friesen wrote:
> > Daniel Phillips wrote:
> > > Don't you think we ought to take a look at how OCFS and GFS might
> > > share some of the same infrastructure, for example, the DLM and
> > > cluster membership services?
> >
> > For cluster membership, you might consider looking at the OpenAIS CLM
> > portion. It would be nice if this type of thing was unified across
> > more than just filesystems.
>
> My own project is a block driver, that's not a filesystem, right?
> Cluster membership services as implemented by Sistina are generic,
> symmetric and (hopefully) raceless. See:
>
> http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/als00/2000papers/papers/full_papers/preslan/preslan.pdf
>
> There is much overlap between the OpenAIS and Sistina's Symmetric
> Cluster Architecture. You are right, we do need to get together.
>
> By the way, how do I get your source code if I don't agree with the
> BitKeeper license?

Daniel

If you mean how do you get source code to the openais project without
bk, it is available as a nightly tarball download from
developer.osdl.org:

http://developer.osdl.org/cherry/openais

If you want to contribute to openais, you can still contribute by using
diff by sending patches to:

openais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Regards
-steve